The University of Birmingham Careers Network would like to invite you to an informative celebration and free networking event on Wednesday 7th October, at The Birmingham Business School, from 4.30–7.00pm.
Careers Network, our University careers service, has a proactive approach to engaging with Social Enterprises. Join us as we celebrate the success of running the pilot year of the Enterprising Internships Programme in which we will be joined by employers from the programme who will provide feedback on the benefits of engaging with the University and hosting a student intern.
Building on the existing success of engaging with Social Enterprises, we wish to collaborate with more employers from the sector and establish mutually beneficial partnerships which will allow your business to grow. The event will therefore also feature the opportunity to network and learn about the ways in which you can work with the University.
The event will include:
• Key note speech from Sarah Crawley, Chief Executive of iSE, who will discuss the benefits of engaging with Higher Education Institutions in order to recruit students who help to drive businesses forward
• Employers sharing their experience of working with the University and benefits of taking on an intern
• Students highlighting their experience of working within a Social Enterprise and what they have gained
• Details of the ways in which you can work with the University and financial support offered when taking on an intern
• Opportunity to network whilst enjoying light refreshments
This is a free event but booking is essential. Please book here.
If you have queries about the event, please contact:
Amrit Sandhu – Internship Officer at The University of Birmingham.